Sunday, June 14, 2009

I dreamed of you last night
Lying next to me in green
Cheek on cold, wet blades
Beads of diamonds lining your forehead

Swift is the wind that changes minds
Fickle is the storm that turns emotion
Catch a lightning bug
You always let it go

Sing to me of your thoughts
but don't let on what you're thinking
Cuz I don't wanna know
That you would rather go

See a world where I don't exist
A place where people don't make complex
Things that aren't to begin with
Summertime all the time, livin's easy

Days in winter don't turn cold
Cuz people don't let them
Open doors, open souls
No room, no time for keeping clothed

What we know or feel
Mountains folding free, strong, bold
We could all be like that
if we wanted

Saffron moon not afraid to be
What it was created for
So we can stare in awe
I wanna stand in awe of you

You in green
Being what you were created to be

5 comments:

Michele Ford said...

Wow! What can I say? Very moving. So well done. Cheers~

barbara said...

Swift is the wind that changes minds
Fickle is the storm that turns emotion

amen, sister.

SarahEllen said...

So many times I have wanted to know someone's thoughts and was sure it was that he or she would rather be somewhere else. It's good that we can't read each other's minds, yet we think we can, especially if we think it is something bad.

I like your posts.

Nate said...

Natalie, I hope you don't mind that I still look at your blog every now and then. I loved reading it when you were in France because I just love reading good stuff i guess. And I think this poem is good stuff!

nataliebernardini said...

I don't mind at all Nathan! In fact I am glad. I need to get back on here and update this! I hope you are doing well my friend!