Sunday, February 28, 2010

Feel It

I'd like to touch the tops of the trees
Dive down to the deepest depth of the deepest ocean
Hear a symphony of beautiful sounds I never knew existed
Forgetting my humanity, I want to venture into the unknown

What good things I've never felt
I want to feel them
The rain to wash me on a mountaintop
I want solid souls all around me
A chorus of fairies flickering in the twilight
A drumbeat that I can dance to
Children of my own to laugh about me

I'm gonna run wild and free
I don't care what you think
I don't want to be stopped
Let me be invincible
Hop on one foot if I like
Or paint with chocolate

Get dirty in the mud
Float down a Tennessee river in the heat of the summer
Drink tea with the ladies in Kashmir
Share a story with the King of Morocco
Kiss you in the rain
Cast a spell on the world
Run the finest silk through my fingers
Lie with my ear to the ground for hours
As God speaks in rhythms and beats
Touch your skin in a field of lavender
Drive so fast that I can't see
I'll see magic at every glance

I feel God in the soil in my hands
I see His wonder in the buds of the pussy willow
He is the Master of color
He breathes His life into a world of dying things
He paints His beauty on the face of the moon
His love, it runs its course through my veins
Pulsing energy to go and be
To fall down at His feet in His world
With no fear of pain or death or sadness

For the rest of my days
I'll run with no fear
Through this world
Screaming until my voice is gone
Or He take me home
And I'll shatter all this doubt
With the throbbing tap of my bare feet on His earth
 
 

3 comments:

Unknown said...

where's my chocolate painting. i want to admire it. and then i want to eat it.

Barbara said...

I want a chocolate painting too! Pretty please? My birthday is April 2. Just sayin.

Unknown said...

Where's Ruffy's poem? Get on it.

Hey, and what about my chocolate painting I asked about 2 months ago?

And what about Barb's chocolate painting?

You're really letting some people down, here.