Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Okay. okay, I am somewhat recanting what I said about bad fashion here. There are a lot of very interestingly, well-dressed people, but I am confused by the unbelievable amount of wool coats I saw parading the streets today in Bath. I saw many, many women in wool jackets and boots with tights. This is just breaking all kinds of seasonal fashion rules! It is an abomination to wear wool in August! Admittedly, it did not get above 65 degrees f today. It is Autumn already here, but I was fine in my cotton blazer and jeans. I even donned the scarf as I love to do, but come on. Boots, stockings, scarf and coat or wool in August?? I hope that the French have more sense. The styles are very distinct here; kind of dark, very edgy and a bit "emo" for my taste, but life indeed is tres posh here when it comes to clothes.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

i just love ya

Anonymous said...

OMG, a kindred spirit! How could anyone wear wool in August? It is so de rigeur. It drives me crazy when those who just don't get it wear clothes out of season. Hopefully and surely, France will be far more tastefully attired. Sounds like you are having a great adventure. Just remember - all who wander are not lost! Love Re