Saturday, October 25, 2008

In my oral comprehension/production class on Friday, we discussed what characteristics make up the "ideal" man or woman. It was hilarious. There are only two boys in my class. The dynamic is already entertaining because we have Mexicans, Brazilians, Russians, Japanese, Chinese, Koreans, Americans, Ghanaians all in one class. There were a lot of differing opinions. But controversy arose when the two boys Ferdinando, my Brazilian friend, and a Chinese guy whom I have never heard say a word, made their ideal woman practically a Step ford wife. They went on and on about how she would do the cooking and cleaning and that she would be "pas trop intelligente"(not too intelligent). Of course, cries of disapproval from the ladies erupted. I think they were joking but they never said anything about it being a joke. At least our teacher got a good laugh.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think the ideal man would love his wife as Christ loved the church.