Thursday, October 1, 2009

A Little Family Secret

Emily made our family, sugar cookies from our Italian, great- grandma Lina.  My mom has used this recipe since I can remember for all sorts of occasions, but mainly Christmas.  We have these every year for Christmas, as they are delicious and perfect for decorating.  The dough is just as good as the cookie.  I have a hard time describing these cookies to anyone because they are not airy or intensely sweet like classic sugar cookies; they are dense and buttery.  Often mom puts an Anise icing on them which is really nice, but this time Em did a sort of egg white icing that sets beautifully.  I like them plain!  Everyone should experience these at least once in your life.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love sugar cookies! By the way, this is my blog- you can follow it if you want.

Jessie Wade said...

Actually, this is, haha

MaryBea said...

Alright. Hand over the recipe. I've got to try it.