Thursday, October 1, 2009

Taste a Piece of Fall








I have never been much of a pie connoisseur, but it is really quite fun making pies.  An apple pie is especially appropriate on a crisp Fall evening.  Partner it with a smooth latte and a blanket on the porch, and relish in the Autumnal bliss!

I made this pie crust with butter and shortening, creating a flaky, yet shortbread-esque crust.  Mixing pink lady apples and granny smith balanced the sugar just to perfection.  I complain when pies are too sweet to eat.  I tried out some little, Fall cookie cutters that I just couldn't resist at the store.  I just cut little leaves for the crust.  It was fun, but I don't know how well anyone can tell they are leaves.  Speaking of leaves, go kick some around and listen to them crunch...Fall is finally here!



No comments: