Sunday, September 6, 2009

Dessert 2: Cardamom Palmiers


     I made Cardamom Palmiers today. The cardamom was an interesting replacement for something like cinnamon or nutmeg, I suppose.  It was a good kind of interesting.  This flaky, cookie-like pastry was my first and last French pastry during my time living in France.  That's right folks, NOT a croissant, but a palmier.  I love them.
The dough was very tricky as I really wasn't supposed to touch it much.  I messed up when it came time to slice the palmiers.  I read the directions wrong about three times.  Finally, by the fourth try, I got it right.  Cut one-inch apart and then cut each inch into thirds.  Don't you think that's a roundabout way to say cut one third of an inch apart?  Anyway, the lesson for today was to walk away from the cookbook for a few minutes when you just aren't getting it. Maybe I'm just an imbecile!








No comments: