Friday, September 4, 2009

Le Dessert et Moi!

       So after seeing the film, Julie and Julia, I started to consider my own culinary interests. I thought about how much I love baking, something like the thrill I get when the crust of a chocolate Ganache torte crumbles just right. It's the one place in my life where I get to obsess over precision and perfection and get rewarded for it. I know this is completely unoriginal now that the film is out, but I am taking Julie and Julia's example and striking out on a delicious adventure. I am going to bake my way through Alice Medrich's, Pure Dessert. I will teach myself the basics of baking and share the details with you all...whoever that may be. Like Julie, I lack the ability to finish all of the millions of projects I start. I am hoping for a lesson in creation and completion; to prove that I can be disciplined and enjoy using my hands to make something delicious and definitely to make some messes. So here we go!

Pictured: Mocha Cupcakes with Vanilla Meringue Cream

No comments: