Tuesday, September 29, 2009

If Ms. Fitzgerald Only Knew How Good She Sounds with Pie


Classic Chocolat with Vanilla Icing
Decorated by Emma

My sister Emma and I have been enjoying the kitchen a lot lately.  We sing along with Frank, Ella and Sammy Davis while we bake.  Now that the beloved Fall has set in, baking is ten times more delightful than ever before.  I am in love with a lot things this time of year: food, drink, sitting on the porch wrapped in a blanket, book in hand.  Oh what a world this world would be if it were Autumn every day!  

So, on a more serious note, as one may have noticed, I have issues committing to one thing for very long it seems.  Prime example, my blog.  I promised to blog about my adventures every day and I have yet to see that happen.  See?  Even now, I am using the passive voice!  My life has been a bit "thrown together" lately.
I don't have much to do except wait around for something to happen.  I mean, I always have "things" I am doing; I'm never bored, but I guess I am holding out for magic.  You know, when the fairy swoops in and spreads the dust all over me and I find out what I want to do with my life.  Well, I realize I have been tragically misinformed.  Okay, maybe I misinformed myself.  This figuring out your life stuff takes work and lots of it.  So does baking.
I thought that I would never want to stop baking, at least not after the first few weeks, but it gets tiring.  I am usually great up until the part where I have to make the icing, or wash dishes or cool the cake or something.
So, I come to yet another life lesson.  I hate doing the dirty work, but it's necessary.  Everyone has to do work and lots of it in order to make things happen.  I intend then to work HARD! 

1 comment:

TerryB said...

I have no doubts that you will figure it out, my precious one.